1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn Swap Magic 3.3?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by seank, Mar 31, 2005.

1. seank

seank Member

got it already
    just want to know how can i burn it for a friend?
    tried also d/l it from emule..got the DVD+CDR versions..on Image files (Nrg) i theb burned the CDR version but when i inserted in my PS2..it said invaild PS2 disc..
    is there a special way or program?
    let me know!
    thx alot

2. seank

seank Member

sorry i think i got
    *.sub
    *.img
    *.cue
    *.ccd

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Either have him buy a set as well then, or go over to his house every time he wants to play a backup and boot his 'Copied' SwapMagic disc with your original SwapMagic disc. :)

(If a copied ps2 game can't be loaded without a boot disc, why would a copied boot disc load?)

4. seank

seank Member

thats right Dragula so why tey are avilable for d/l?

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You let me know when you get it working then.
    :)

6. titch71

titch71 Guest

A burn't copy of swap magic or any other boot disk will only boot if you have another method of booting copy's like a mod chip which kinda negates the idea for having a boot disk in the 1st place.

Boot disks and mod chips are used to bypass the protection system that the ps2 and ps1 uses.

When an original disk is made(pressed) by the manufacturers it contains information(bad blocks i have read elsewhere). Normal CD/DVD writers cannot do this when a backup is burn't.

As why they are available for d/l well i guess some people either don't understand the technical issues or make them available so people who do don't realise this will not work waste their time trying to get it to work.