1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn very long single track mp3 to 80 minute CD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Wardly, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Wardly

Wardly Member

Due diligence did not yield me an answer to the question.

Friend said it could be done. Burn mp3's longer than 80 minutes to CD.

When played from my hard drive, some of my stories are more than 3 hours. They are all single track and are done at 48kbps or lower

Can one of these long files be copied to single CD? Is it doable? And If copied as a data file, could it still be heard?

Wardly

Last edited: Jul 20, 2003
  2. c22shoot

c22shoot Member

hi i burn mp3 audio books no problem. I encode at 60kps and have just burnt harry potter chamber of secrets and prisioner of azkaban onto 1 80 min disc with space left over, for the kids in the car. I use nero express, select data disc etc. One word of advice if the track is very long with no breaks you may find it easier to split into tracks before dropping to cd, Makes life a lot easier to navigate cd. Try google, search mp3 splitters

3. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

If you want to create an audio CD you can put 80 minutes of audio on an 80 minutes audio CD. Period.

To get more on a CD-R you need to create a data CD containing mp3 files. This will be playable in most DVD players and in some standalone/portable/car CD players that support it.

... Yup. Splitting is a good idea as many mp3-CD-players perform fast forward quite slowly. Try mp3directcut (afterdawn software section) for this.