1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Burn Wii .ISO's on your Mac

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by trigga71, Mar 17, 2007.

1. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

I have seen a few people ask how to burn Wii ISO's on the Mac using Mac OS X. It is very simple. All you need is an unrar-er (i use UnRarX) if the ISO is compressed. Then use Disk Utility to Burn the ISO, it comes in Mac OS X (Applications > Utilities> Disk Utility) Once you lunch the app click the "Burn" button. From there it will bring up a browser window, just locate your ISO and click the "Burn" button in that window. Now insert your blank DVD. You should see some burn speed options and other options. If not click the down arrow in that window. Now i always set my burn speed to the lowest/slowest, (do what you want). Now click the burn button. Thats it, wait for it to burn then test it out. As you all should know only make copies of games that you legally own.

Note: At 4X it only takes me about 15min to burn a Wii game.

Hope this helps somebody.

EDIT: this also works for Gamecube games.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. matty420

matty420 Member

trigga,
    I'm a fellow mac user and appreciate you posting your expreriences...I just ordered a WiiKey and am waiting for it....I understand how to burn the .ISO, but how do I RIP the .ISO in the first place with a Mac?....do you use newsgroups????

4. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

unfortunately i dont think we can RIP game data with our macs (unless its intel based & do it in windows) but im not sure of the full process or what, if any programs are needed to get the game data, plus even if we got the game data we would still need a unscrambler for it. The best things we could do is have a intel mac and use windows :( or just get the games from places, of course ones we own. No i dont use newsgroups but i havent really been looking for any, but i am interested. Would you be able to recommend one? From what i have read good ones cost money.

5. matty420

matty420 Member

Newsgroups do cost money, but I've been talking with a dude named Haplo on here that has pointed my towards newshosting.com where you get unlimited monthly dl's for a $15/mnth....
    I can't make up my mind whether to bring up my lil bros ol PC and install a compatible LG drive so i can RIP, UNSCRAMBLE, and burn.....or just subscribe to a newsgroup for a month here and there and make my backups that way???
    It seems to me that since these LG drives work in PC's the community is content for now and no new advances have really came along....I've read of a guy with an Intel based make with 2 gigs of ram booting up XP and using an LG drive in an external closure, but just the ripping process is talking him 15+hours, which is ridiculous.....supposedly on newsgroups it takes 1.5-2 hours to dl a backup

6. matty420

matty420 Member

i meant to say intel based "MAC" computer...not "make"

7. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

yeah that is a long time to rip. I hope its USB 2.0 or Firewire, but yeah it would work in xp in boot camp. Right now i get them from torrents (games i DO own). I am also looking for the LG drives (just to try out). Do you know if its a specific program that has to rip from the disk?

8. matty420

matty420 Member

yeah you need RawDump2.0 to do the ripping process....I've been trying to get copies of my games from torrents as well but the speeds are terrible....what games have you seen decent speeds from??

9. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

well so far from the ones i have gottin all took about a day (thats about 4 downloading at one time). I use private trackers so i guess its not bogged down.

10. matty420

matty420 Member

i've done my far share of torrenting but have never run across a site that gets good speeds downloading wii games....what private tracker are using...please help out a fellow mac user

11. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

PM Sent

12. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

I've done some iso burning on my mac (GC games). LiquidCD (donation appreciated but will work without payment) has been easy and worked on the three games I've tried.

13. ajoh

ajoh Guest

Just use the new software that came out to dump the image to an SD card one gig at a time. Works faster than PC DVD drive solution anyways.

14. ReidWings

ReidWings Member

I'm also looking for a good private tracker if anyone wants to help me out. Thanks in advance :)

15. ajoh

ajoh Guest

If anyone decides to hook up Reids, send me a PM as well. Much appreciated.

16. yMd

yMd Guest

I've been burning wii isos on my MacBook Pro for a long time (have burnt around 20 disks so far) and there was never a single problem with that.
    a month or so ago, all the wii isos I downloaded suddenly became unmountable, therefore I'm unable to burn them anymore. the error message from DiskUtility is "no mountable file systems". Toast does not work, either. I've tried about 7 different isos (from different sources), but none of them worked.
    has anyone ever faced such a problem? any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

laters
    yMd

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2007
  17. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

I never was able to get Disk Utility to burn ISOs as good as I was able to with LiquidCD. It's great, free (donation based) and burns Wii isos backed up using RawDump flawlessly.

This tool is also perfect for bin/cue files (video CDs)

18. yMd

yMd Guest

personally never ever had a problem with DiskUtility. Anyhow, this is not the matter of application, it's a system problem. It's not even burning, it's about mounting the image: all of a sudden, all of wii isos are not recognized by OSX. I actually managed to mount another (not a wii game) iso without any problem.

19. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

All I did was offer a work around. LiquidCD doesn't require you to mount the ISOs in order to burn them. So you can't mount Wii games in OS X. Big deal. You can still burn them with other apps.

But whatever.

20. yMd

yMd Guest

no prob - your help sure is appreciated
    all I meant is that it can't be burnt, either. the problem is that the format is not recognized, therefore it can not be mounted neither burnt.

21. accendo

accendo Guest

I've been having some trouble. I have the .iso files (which from all the searching of the web today is more than half the battle), but when I follow you directions at any speed, the Wii is unable to read the disk. When I look at the DVD, it doesnt look like it's done anything. Of course, now I am paranoid there's something wrong with my Power DVD writer on my iMac, but I thought I would post just to see if others were successful.

I opened Disk Utility, burned the iso files, nothing.

Please help.

Thanks,