1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to catalogue mp3s with options??

Discussion in 'Audio' started by djscoop, Sep 12, 2004.

1. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Greetings fellow afterdawn fans! I have close to 1,000 albums in mp3 format, and I am trying to locate the best program to catalogue them into excel format. All I need is the program to list the Artist and Album only, not all the tracks in the album. If I listed all the tracks my excel list would be hundreds of pages long! I just want a simple artist/album list that I can refer to. I have tried well over a dozen catalogue programs with no luck. The best one I found so far is TagScanner, but it does not provide the option I seek. Does anybody eles do something similar to what I am looking for? Thanks for the help!

2. drchips

drchips Active member

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I just tried the shareware version of that. While it seems to be a good program, with more options that TagScanner, I cannot create a list with only the album and artist. If I select only album/artist, it will list just those for however many tracks there are in that album. I wonder if it would be easier just to make a macro program in excel to do this...too bad I don't know how. Thanks for the help though. Know of any other progams?