1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to change gamertag for free

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tatooee89, Aug 22, 2011.

1. tatooee89

tatooee89 Regular member

A couple years ago I know it worked. You tell a bunch of people to file complaints against your profile gamertag name being offensive and after a certain amount of complaints Microsoft forces you to change your name for free. Does anyone know if this still works?

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

You can change it once a year for free as far as I remember, other wise it will cost you M$ points. It's an option in your profile.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I didn't even know they were doing it for free... Whenever I changed my name it cost 800 M$ Points. The method of having people file complaints about your name does work, I've had friends do that to change them. But you need to realize that the name you change it from, you can't go back to that, because M$ thought it was offensive in the first place...

4. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

You can change it once for free if you originally chose one of the pre-set names you get offered when you sign up for your gamertag, and even then, you get one change, not one per year.

5. 360lifer

360lifer Regular member

Reporting people like that is against the terms of service and can/will get you in trouble.