1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Change PS2 Codes in ISO File

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Eazyduzit, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Eazyduzit

Eazyduzit Regular member

i wanna know how to open my ps2 iso file and change certain numbers so that my screen will be centered, in other words resoultion codes or something. also if u know how to convert pal to ntsc by changing the codes to. but pretty much just changing certain codes to that it corridinates with my screen and fits my screen perfect

thanks

2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

You can patch the game to NTSC and perform a Y-Fix (move the screen up) with PS2 PAL TO NTSC PATCHER WITH Y-FIX V1.05 BETA

***You can download it here:
    www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix.zip

Here's how you do it.

1)Create an iso file of the game.

2)Download PS2 PAL TO NTSC PATCHER WITH Y-FIX V1.05 BETA and unzip it.

3)Run ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix.exe

4)Click Browse and select the iso file of the game

5)Select the Y-Fix offset. I suggest 40 or 48. 40 will give you a screen with a little bit of the bottom cut off. 48 will give you a screen with a little bit of the top cut off. You cannot have it perfectly centered because the PAL signal has more lines or resolution than the NTSC signal does.

6)I choose to uncheck Make PN Selector

7)Click PATCH FILE

8)Burn the patched iso file.

***Sometimes the web site is temporarily unavailable because the site often exceeds its allocated data transfer.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

but its a "generic" patch it will "TRY" to put it the right way... even tho it almost never will put it right... sure it will work but you will NEVER get center screen... plus you will waste a dvdr by doing so lol... thats double the waste of it...

4. Eazyduzit

Eazyduzit Regular member

when i patch it with y fix v.106 will that move the screen to the left like the adr patcher. i mean will it move the x axis? hope not
    thanks

5. spits21

spits21 Member

I have a Pal version of Colin McRae 2005. When i try and play it on my NTSC ps2 the screen is black and white and flickering. Will this patcher fix the problem?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Yes it would, but then you would almost likely encounter Easyduzit's problem with the screen not being centered due to refresh rate issues. Wouldn't it be easier to just get the NTSC version of the game if your machine is NTSC and the PAL version if your PS2 is PAL?

7. spits21

spits21 Member

Well alot of games, including Colin McRae 05, are not release yet in NTSC/us format so that is why Pal games are purchased in the states.

8. spits21

spits21 Member

Well i tried this patcher and all it did was give me a black screen when trying to boot. Any other suggestions?