1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to change your psp 3.40 oe a/ 3.30 oe a theme

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jj44100, May 25, 2007.

1. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

first download it here at http://dl.qj.net/owfx-s-3.30oe-3.40oe-theme-pack-PSP/pg/12/fid/13721/catid/171

then extract it and look at the theme you want

after that go on your psp and goto flash0 which can be located on recovery mode

after opening flash0 simply goto vsh and copy the resource file and save it to desktop then delete all resource file in your psp

Next u want to copy the theme u want resource file and paste it in your psps resource file ant then open the resource file u saved on desktop and put them back in the psp resource file and when it ask to overwrite click no to all

then finally restart your psp and there it is

2. ukjock

ukjock Member

I have tried with several themes and I still have no success with this, I am running 3.40 oe-a.

When I overwrite the existing files and reboot I get a blank screen. When I overwrite the theme files with the original ones it boots ok and shows me the menu.

Any ideas???

Kind Regards,

Chris

3. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

o yea sry forgot to put it
    jus go to theme settings wallpaper do not use and got to theme and it should be there

really sry forgot to put it there

4. fallnoice

fallnoice Member

how to flashing?? thanks

5. msiblini

msiblini Member

after we change the theme how can we go back to the orginal sony theme.

6. ukjock

ukjock Member

I would like to introduce you to my new friend, thanks to the guys at psp-hacks for uploading this app to their site:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1167

It is so easy to change the theme on my psp now.

Kindest Regards,

Chris

7. bhanjohar

bhanjohar Member

I REALLY NEED HELP CAN U GUYS TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET THE FILES IN THE RESOURCE FOLDER WHEN YOU TRY TO CHANGE THE XMB FONT CAUSE I FRGOT TO BACKUP THE FILES ND NOW MY PSP IS SCREWED SO YEA IR EALLY NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

just go to recovery file and downgrade it and upgade back to oe

9. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

to msiblini jus try to find it on goolge or something if u have no success then downgrade it and upgrade it back

10. yamaboy

yamaboy Member

I had the same problem use the winstaller and go back to 1.50 then upgrade to 3.40. its easy

11. RLjordan

RLjordan Member

ok yea im fukn freakd out ok ....i did everything u said right nd i tried to put gears of war of my psp ....ok i restartd it like u said nd wen it came on it jus stops on playstation portable wen its bootin up ...omg can u help me plzz. frill im goin fukn crazy herr :( plzz

12. lokote732

lokote732 Regular member

just look around after dawn about how to use recovery same thing happened to me and i looked around aand found the files..go to recovery and where itr says run psp/game/recovery/eboot you have to get that recovery folder and put it in psp/game that downgrades to 1.50 and wait a lil a blue screen comes up and press o wait a min then restarts and ur on 1.50 itz ok to go to 3.xx oe

13. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

hey rljordan did u try to change ur gameboot

14. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

And backup your flash0 folder before attempting any kind of theme modifying for god sakes!

15. RLjordan

RLjordan Member

i did dat ..i did errthin he said !! lol nd no i havent found da perfect gameboot..im lookn for da 1 dat has da blood slashes nd if u got it or sumthn..plzz! help me install it =)

16. jawu89

jawu89 Member

hi i accidentally deleted my backup for the resource folder and now its all stuffed up. Can someone give me there resource folder? thanx!!

17. RLjordan

RLjordan Member

hey no i didnt but a few days ago a frend of mine taught me how to nd now i got the prince of persia gameboot ...bra u got to get it !!

18. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Just a quick note, you don't have to delete anything. In fact you should NEVER delete anything from your flash0 then put back, always replace. Just drag and drop the theme files to resource folder, and replace the originals.

19. kemikalz

kemikalz Member

im sorry.. im kinda new to this .. what is oe-a and where do i find what version i have?

20. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

OE=Open Edition, The "A" stands for the revision-which is considered the first release-If there were another release, it would be like 3.40OE-B, and so on....
    TO check your firmware version scroll to the system settings in your PSP menu...and it will show what version you are on.