1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to clean slim ps2 laser lens?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Vanrius, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Vanrius

Vanrius Guest

Hey. I've only recently started on my journey into playing backed up PS2 games. I'm using swapmagic 3.6 w/fliptop. 70% of the time the laser wont read the swapmahic disc so I've decided to clean the laser. Now on the slim line I can see the laser, especially with the fliptop mod. Do I need to to take the PS2 apart again just to get to the laser, or can I clean it from this state? I've seen guides on people cleaning the lens on their fat ps2 and it looks like the same laser (after they took apart their ps2) as what I'm looking at without taking it apart. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

people had to take them apart because of the way the old PS2 was built, it had a disc tray cover that prevented you from getting to the laser without disassembling it.
    If you can see the laser then skip the taking it apart section and follow the instruction for cleaning it.

3. Vanrius

Vanrius Guest

Awesome. Thanks. It still has a problem with the Swapmagic disc, but it plays it loads it 70% of the time opposed to 5% lol. I'll see if I can grab another disc from somewhere. Is it possible to get the DVD loader alone, without the CD version?