1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW To clean the receiver and reload to remove residual memory trash?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MESMD, Feb 18, 2007.

1. MESMD

MESMD Regular member

Hi Jerry and or anyone who can help,

I've had my Coolsat 5000 platinum for 1-2 years and have done multiple flashes to update stb files. I've also changed keys manully from time to time. Since my receiver was new, I noticed that certain channels and Sats. are no longer available for me to scan or see and I'd like to do the "reformat , clean, and reload to get rid of old lingering junk that may be in the memory, etc. Therefore the following procedure has been published:

1. Write down your dish Settings (You will need them for step 7)
    2. First do a Factory Set !! [Menu-System Settings-Database Reset-Factory Set]
    3. Load Factory Flash !
    4. Factory Set
    5. Load the 141 bin
    6. Do another Factory Set !
    7. Setup your dish settings
    8. Setup your options [Renumbering Local Channels is a new option]
    9. Auto Scan sats. (turning off network search will speed up 110 scan)
    10. Set Time Settings and Channel Locks, Exit and Watch TV

I have a question about the what the "Load the factory flash file is? What is its name and where to I get it to load?

Could someone explain that so I can go ahead with the above protocal to refresh my receiver and hopefully gain access to all the Sats and channels I used to get when my receive was new?

Steps 3 and 4 ? Are they part of the menu choices or are they programs or files I need to get first?

What is the difference between factory set and load factory flash?
    I know how and have 141 bin and proloader to do the flash.
    I have written down all my settings to redo after I follow this protocol.
    #8 I can leave my options as I have them written down, right? I do not need to renumber anything, correct?

I'm just afraid to start and ruin everything without you clarifying the above. I am a novice who had someone sell this to me, paid him to maintain it and he disappeared with my money and a 2nd Coolsat box for my upstairs TV. Consequently, I had to learn how to do some of these things on my own.

Thank you very much for any help and support you may offer me. I really appreciate any help.

Sincerely,

Miles

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The factory flash is just that. Its the original bin file that the receiver came with when purchased. It will only get true free sat channels. It can usually be found on the manufacturer's site. This site I link to will also have all the Coolsat files and information. free to join.

http://www.f2atv.com.

Item 4 on the list is in the menu. It helps set the receiver back to factory default. After you load the factory bin, then you can load bin 141 on top of that. If just missing a few channels, you have to find out if that are still being transmitted or maybe dropped from the channel line up. Go to http://www.lyngsat.com to check channels on each sat.

Jerry

Link corrected.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  3. MESMD

MESMD Regular member

Jerry,
    Thanks so much for your help.

Miles

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member