1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to combine 2 dvds into one dvd ?????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rayboy, Sep 16, 2004.

1. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

I have couple DVD-5 each about 2.3GB (of data).
    How can I back up two DVD5(2.3G each) into one DVD5(4.7 G) ????
    Notes that, I just have Shrink and Decripter, do I need another s/w to do this task ????

Thanks You Dawners.

2. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

I would try either DVDLab (my preference) or TMPGEnc DVD author to do this, you can add menus and all sort of stuff with this to your movies with these also

you should have no prob combining these 2 movies

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  3. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

====================================================
    I would try either DVDLab (my preference) or TMPGEnc DVD author to do this, you can add menus and all sort of stuff with this to your movies with these also
    ====================================================

are they freeware or I have to buy them, I do not like to spend big buck on something just for experiment.

4. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

Ok DVDLab does give you a 30 day free trial I suggest definetly trying the trial, and then if your smart you can prob get it hint hint....cant tell you how here though against the rules....definetly get the trial though

here www.mediachance.com

look for DVDLab

here is a guide to get you started with it

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvd-lab.htm

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

How to combine two discs into one

Use DVD Decrypter to rip the contents of your discs onto your HD (click on DVD Decrypter and look for the guide if you need help) Make sure that you give your discs different names.

You need to use the "Re-author" feature of DVD Shrink.

Open DVD Shrink and click the Re-author button.

On the right, you are going to see the DVD browser.

You need to find and select the DVD files you want to use. Double-click and open your HD and locate the folder(s) that you have the DVD files in and open that also.

Under the "Main Movie" and "Extras" headings you can see the contents of the DVD. You can select any (or all) titles you want and drag-and-drop them to the Re-authored DVD window on the left side. DVD Shrink will analize it. Continue this until you have moved all of the titles in the DVD that you're going to author.

Click the backup button

Select the usual DVD Shrink settings and enable Burn with DVD Decrypter

Click OK

... I recommend using a re-writable disc to "play" with until you get the process down completely ...

Good Luck and happy burning ...

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]              [​IMG]       

... Don't piss me off ...            ... I'm running out of places to hide the bodies ...[/small]

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there rayboy, Welcome to aD :)

There's one proggy that was made for exacctly your task, it's called DVD2One. I've put 3 movies on a single disc and this proggy made it a snap :)

2 Discs on 1 using DVD2One in the "Join" mode.
    The join mode is a very powerful new feature of DVD2one. It can be used for many things:
    · Joining a movie that has been spread over 2 sides of a disk (aka "flipper") or even over 2 disks.
    · Joining of different episodes of a (TV) series on 1 disk.
    · Adding a music video, documentary or Featurette after the main movie.
    · Adding an intro (for instance THX or Dolby) before the main movie.
    · Or any combination of the above possibilities !
    The join mode is not limited to only 2 titles, but it can join any number of titles on 1 disk. Of course the total size of the titles you want to join has its limits. DVD2one has built-in warning messages to let you know when you go to far.
    The join mode has 2 different modes:
    · Seamless. The separate titles are joined in 1 titleset, and will play continuously without interruption.
    · Non-seamless. Each title is put in its own titleset, and there will be a small delay when the player goes from one to the other title.
    The seamless mode is the perfect mode for joining a movie that has been spread over different sides or disks. DVD2one will examine automatically whether the different titles can be seamless joined together. For this the video, audio and subtitles need to be the same.

The non-seamless mode will work with any title, and can be used in all other cases. DVD2one provides convenient ways to skip through the different title sets.
    How to use
    The join mode is very simple to use, since it works like a repeated movie-only mode. After selecting the first title you come to a summary screen. Here you can select another title you like to add to the list, or start processing. If you select to join another title, you will advance through the selection screens again. The only difference is when using seamless mode, you do not have to select audio, subtitle and angle. The selection for these items is taken from the title to which the new title is seamlessly joined.
    Advanced Navigation Mode
    This new feature is experimental and may not work correctly with specific DVD players, or may have some unwanted side effects. It is recommended to try it first with a re-writable disk. It adds the following ways to navigate between the different title sets:
    · Right menu button for next titleset.
    · Left menu button for previous titleset.
    · Next chapter at the last chapter of a title goes to the next titleset.
    · Previous chapter at the first chapter of a title goes to the previous titleset.
    The menu button system may interfere with subtitles. Also if a titleset does not have subtitles, a dummy subtitle is added to make this feature to work.

http://www.dvd2one.com/download.php

Cheers,

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

7. itc021

itc021 Member

Does combining 2 DVDs on to 1 disc reduce the quality much?

8. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Of course in rayboy's case it won't, because combining two 2.3 GB discs there'll hardly be any compression (if any) needed ...

Also ... I was under the impression that rayboy wanted to accomplish this using the "freeware" programs DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter that he already has ... DVD2ONE isn't free and me thinks the trial version won't do an entire disc ...

By the way ... Hello Pete, how ya doin' ?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]              [​IMG]       

... Don't piss me off ...            ... I'm running out of places to hide the bodies ...[/small]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2004
  9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi ya itc021,

I've put 3 DVD-9 movies on a single DVD and I've put 4 DVD-5 movies on a single DVD and the quality has been that of a professional VHS tape, not all that bad. I did trim the movies so that they began at the first opening scene and finished at the closing scene (no Lion roaring and no credits :(

As for the "Is it worth it" question, it is an excellent program for backing up episodic series, "flipper" DVD's OR even Terminator 1 and 2 :p) and well worth the $$$$. I use it quite a bit, there's nothing that does as nice a job so simply. I think you'll find it a worthwhile investment. My reason for recommending it, it's easier than DVDLab (which costs too) and it allows you to keep your menus (which using DVD Shrink will not :(.

Cheers,

Pete

Hey catfreak,
    I'm a doin' all I can there Buddy -
    BTW, kool sig my friend - maybe it will show somebody in the Bush camp how it's done -

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2004