1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to combine titles from different DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by sirish19, Apr 4, 2005.

1. sirish19

sirish19 Guest

I am a relative newbie and have been fairly successful at backing up DVDs with DVD Shrink and then burning with Nero. Some sitcom DVD's may have multiple episodes on one DVD. If I put all of the episodes on, and leave out the other stuff, I still have to compress too much and suffer with quality. What I would like to do is put 4 episodes on one disk. In order to do that, though, I have to put the last two episodes of disk one and combine with the first two episodes of disk 2. For example, Curb Your Enthusiasm has 10 episodes on 2 disks (1-6 on the first disk and 7-10 on the second disk). Is there any way to do this using DVD Shrink?

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Yes, it is very easy and can be done from the Re-author option. Once you have the first 4 on one disc, the 2 leftover episodes can be copied to your hard drive. Once you put in the second disc with episodes 7-10, go to Re-author once again and browse for episodes 5 and 6(right under the compression settings and DVD Browser tabs) and either double click or drag them to the left side(DVD Structure side). Now you can go back and select the disc with the 7-10 and add those to the left as well. Hope I didn't confuse you.

3. sirish19

sirish19 Guest

Thanks, I am away from the computer (...or that computer anyway) at the moment so will give it a try later. I had tried saving the selected titles to the HD and then select titles from the other disk but it seemed like it wasn't letting me select titles from 2 different sources. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

4. Gringle

Gringle Guest

5. sirish19

sirish19 Guest

Perfect! Thanks.