1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to compact VTS files into one movie (freeware)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Riff88, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Riff88

Riff88 Member

Hi,

I copied (ripped) a movie with menus to my computer but they are all broken up into VTS files. How can I get it into one big file? (One big movie)

I want to take that one big file and put it onto a portable hard-drive for my friend.

Thank you!

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. attar

attar Active member

That's the standard format for a DVD movie.

1. Leave it as is, in the folder, and play it back using a decent media player like VLC or MPC.

2.Have your ripping program save the movie as an image file (.iso) and play back using VLC.

If your ripping program cannot save as a single .iso file, open the ripped movie in DVD shrink and tell it to backup to a single .iso.

Make note that some external HDD's use the Fat32 file structure and will not accept any single file that is larger than 4GB - so either change the HDD to NTFS or use (1) above.

4. Riff88

Riff88 Member

Thanks a bunch, I will give that a shot.

5. pinkninjat

pinkninjat Member

I have the same problem - I just want to put my childrens dvds on external hard drive - when I do it through dvd shrink, it puts the movie into separate vts files which play fine on the TV through usb,if I want to play each scene separately that is... Could you please tell me if the above instructions are for playing through tvs? Im yet to find basic straight forward instructions how to put a collection of dvds on external hard drive to play like normal movies. Any advice?