1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to compile a collection of VCD music videos?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by twofake, Sep 25, 2004.

1. twofake

twofake Member

Hi I am completely new to this. I have VCDs with music videos but I want to select certain ones and compile them onto a "best of" VCD but when I do the compilation, the selection does not automatically play on my home DVD player. Could someone please tell me how I am supposed to do this?
    The VCD has 4 folders which are CDI, MPEGAV,VCD and VIDEO_CD.
    I have been opening MPEGAV and then selecting the AVSEQ corresponding to the video clip I like. Am I supposed to just copy this with eg. Nero and then add different AVSEQ files? What do I do next? The final burned dics won't just play when put in the machine. I have to do some wierd thing like keep pressing the fast rewind button until I get to certain clips and then it will play until the track I started rewinding from. In other words, nothing automatically plays from the strat to the end like on the opriginal compilations of video clips.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Also, I can put these video clips onto my hard drive but when it comes to playing them with sya Power DVD, how do I get them to keep playing ? It only plays one and then stops until I select the next video clip and hit play again.

2. wwwhatsup

wwwhatsup Member

i've never done it with nero, but with roxio you can certainly create new vcd's from other vcd tracks. Roxio has a non-menu option that makes vcd's that just play.

the dat files in the avseq folder are, as i understand it, just the mpeg-1 files with a little extra header info. You can drag them onto your HD and then rename them to .mpg and they should play for you. You can then create a playlist in your media player..

a good free player for pc (or mac) is the vlc player.
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/