1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO COMPRESS CAPTURED VIDEO?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by jamo54, Apr 25, 2007.

1. jamo54

jamo54 Member

I have some video files of bands that I would like to upload to my Myspace site or to YouTube. File size limit there is 100MB! 2 or 3 minutes of video captured thru my camcorder is ~2Gig!!! I have Sonic MyDVD, basic Roxio CD & DVD Creator,etc. How can I get the file sizes down? How do others do it? I've seen long (10 minutes plus) videos in both places.... Thanks!
    Jamo54

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Well the video will be re-encoded anyway, but my advice would be to de-interlace and resize down to whatever resolution the site uses (320x240 I think for youtube). You will also want to resample the audio (32KHz mono or whatever). Then just encode with say Xvid for the video and mp3 for the audio. AVC/aac should also work.

3. jamo54

jamo54 Member

Wow. Thanks very much! I'm sorry to say that I'm such a newbie that much of what you've given me is greek. I wouldn't know how do do any of it. I still have the original analog VHS tape, so possibly I should re-record it into my computer?? I know how to do that, but I'd need a step-by-step for the rest of it! Thanks again.