1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to conect to XBL?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by arsenalforever, Oct 4, 2013.

1. arsenalforever

arsenalforever Regular member

Hello I have a Phat Xbox 360 which I want to connect to XBL. The Xbox is in my living room but my Wi-fi router is in my bed room. What I did was connected the xbox to my laptop using the ethernet cable to connect to XBL. But now I'm thinking of buying a router. Which one would you suggest? I need basic gaming, nothing more.

Another thing: My broadband speed is 600kbps. Is this enough to play on XBL?

Also, is this what I need: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/tpl...525?utm_source=earth_feed&utm_campaign=21_286 ?

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

3. arsenalforever

Thanks for the reply but I live in India mate. Is the product in the link I have given what I'm looking for?

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

no you need an xbox wifi adapter

5. richietea

richietea Regular member

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  6. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

7. richietea

richietea Regular member

I used to just use a laptop wifi connected to the xbox 360 with the bridged connection saves money buying the adapters,which ive had 3 of and never worked properly in the first place.If you have a spare old desktop with a wifi card or a laptop with wifi use those.

8. arsenalforever

What's wrong with the link I posted? Btw my internet speed is 600 kbps. Is that enough to play on XBL?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  9. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

It won't work, because it only connects to USB, and therefore the Xbox 360 won't recognize it.

10. arsenalforever

If using a laptop and bridging the connections has the same quality as using a wifi bridge adapter, then I'll stick to using the laptop.

Btw, is 600kbps good enough to play online? I've been wanting to get an xbox live gold account but unfortunately there is no free trial by means of which I can ascertain whether my internet speed is sufficient or not.

11. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Normally there should be a one-month free tril month when you sign up.

12. richietea

richietea Regular member

Thats right you get a months free trial when you register your card/bank details.They also have free weekends.There has just been one here in the uk 5/6th Oct.I don't know if that applies anywhere else around the globe it may differ from country to country.600 kbps is a bit of a squeeze you will have to make sure your not using your bandwidth elsewhere when your on mulitplayer.Ping your Laptop's IP address with cmd promp and see what comes back.

13. arsenalforever

Well I haven't registered my card or bank. Can I avail the free weekends even if I haven't registered my bank/card?

14. arsenalforever

I missed the free weekend by one day in my country. When do you reckon it'll be back?

And is this coupon legit: http://www.ebay.in/itm/Xbox-Live-1-...ames_Consoles_Accessories&hash=item20d7d4fa76

I pinged my laptop's IP address and this is what I got:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  15. MichaelPhillipis

MichaelPhillipis Newbie

Well, Hope this tips will help.

* Make sure that you purchase an xbox live networking adapter since it's designed to work with the xbox 360.
    * If you keep on failing on the network adapter test then try to connect on all the ports. Chances will be that your back port is defective.
    * Verify if your router is within 30 feet range from the networking a adapter
    * If connecting all ports didn't seem to work, then try to connect other devices on all the ports like an iPod or a wired controller or even a play and charge kit to make sure that the ports are working fine.
    * If you want to make your XBOX Hookup to a wireless internet connection to sign up for x-box live, then you just enter in your USB Wireless Internet Hub and click join XBOX LIVE.
    * Make sure you have a router or a gateway before you purchase a networking adapter. The networking adapter will not work if what you have is a modem.