1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to configure Nero 5.5.10 for DVD backup

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mn_casper, Feb 24, 2003.

1. mn_casper

mn_casper Member

setup: HP DVD200i DVD+RW, XP, Nero 5.5.10(lastest edition). I have newly installed the burner and Nero. My PS2 plays other pre-recorded DVD backups fine. I have attempted to backup LOTR Two Towers on Memorex DVD+R and HP DVD+R. Neither successful. I am using the Nero Wizard, NOT COPY ON FLY. The major difference I noticed between these backups compared to other ones is the surface area that the laser changes on the back of the disk is differently sized. The working backups have half, if not more, of the disk surfaced changed by the laser. The ones that I attempted w/ nero 5.5.10 only have 5mms changed from the outside in. So, this would lead me to believe it is how Nero is configured. I have seen other software titles of Alchol 120, primo, and record now. Any tips or suggestions?

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I also have the HP200i, XP and Nero 5.5.10.7.
    I did all my copies sofar with Nero, also Two Towers and had no probs at all !!
    I use DVD copy on the fly all the time. Mayby 3 coasters out of 70+.
    Isn't there a "default settings" ... ? in Nero.

3. RavedoG

RavedoG Guest

try and burn the dvd backup with stomp record now... I my self burn dvd backups with nero or record now, and there has been no problems yet.

Also record now is hard to go wrong with: Just install and go for the burn image option... and its done! =0)

Peace!

4. mn_casper

mn_casper Member

an update for anyone who cares...i installed nero 5.5.9.14..same issue. I backup'd Bounty Hunter, no problem. I used a DVD+RW and HP Writer, Nero 5.5.9.14, and nero 5.5.10. All worked. I am now going to install record now and retry LOTR Two Towers

5. yin

yin Member

would anyone tell me what is DVD-R and DVD+R different is ? i am kind a new to this,thx

6. mn_casper

mn_casper Member

yin.

DVD-R and DVD+R are different formats of DVD's. Kinda like Beta and VCR tapes. They both do the samething. The burner can only use one or the other.