1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to connect a standard HDD to PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by InDeutsch, Sep 12, 2004.

1. InDeutsch

InDeutsch Member

I just read a topic where somebody asked if it is possible where the answer was simply: "yes"

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

The Sony PS2 Network Adapter has IDE connectors on it that will fit most IDE hard drives with the exception of Western Digital due to spacing issues between the power and data connector plugs.

3. InDeutsch

InDeutsch Member

Thanks. But when I connect the HDD, what's going on then. Is there like a menu or something and how do I copy the games? What is also possible to do with the HDD supported PS2?

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Nothing happens when you connect the HDD unless you buy the offician Sony PS2 HDD. In order to backup games to a standard IDE hard driver or Sony's you will need to use either HD Loader or HD Advance. HD Loader if purchased works with many games and can back them up to the HDD without any modification to your PS2 although you can download it but that will require a means to play backups in order to get it to work.

5. ja.sallee

ja.sallee Member

If I connect a standard HDD to my ps2 will I need any software other than HDLoader or HDAdvance? Will HDAdvance work with most/all games?

6. gtcthird

gtcthird Member

Is ther a site somewhere with a list of compatible hard drives for the PS2?

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

search google, you will find a list.

8. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

hey guys,if i use a standard hard drive with the ps2 do i need the network adapter.and 2. can i save my games on the drive.my brother have a hard drive from is old getway computer will that work.i don't want to put games on it,i just want to save my games becaues i back up my games.but it do sounds good to have them on the hard drive. thanks for your input. odb

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yes you need the network adapter, no you cant use it as a memory card.

10. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

thanks sly.i have one more for you.when i install the drive i get from my brother and the network adapter,will my espn nfl 2k5 work with the half time high light.will i get the movement of the half time with chris berman like with the xbox.or do i still get the still pictures with chris talking.i hear if u have the drive for the ps2 it will work.and it looks cool to.becaue espn nba 2k5 half time and after the game will be the same way. thanks for the fast input. odb

11. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

im not sure, that might only work if you have the official sony hd.

12. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

thanks sly for all your help.and i will see if it works. odb