1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To connect Recorder & DVD Player With Digital Sound.??

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by L3on, Mar 15, 2005.

1. L3on

L3on Member

Hi all , I have Trouble Connecting 2 DVD Player..between them..I'll Explain

I have 2 Different Units..1st Sony RDR-GX300(DVD recorder) 2nd DAV-SB100(Home Cinema System)

So what i Need is Connect Between Them So That I'll Play DVD (DVD+DL)on Recorder Throught DVD Cinema System!!!! ..but there is a Problem DAV-SB100 Doesnt Have DIGITAL IN/OUT ...So I dont Have DIGITAL SOUND like DTS .....

Does Any1 Know If there is Something like CABLE or Extention To do this Trick.....PLZ Some1 Help me if you know...

2. mlw52

mlw52 Member

Hi L3on...
    How old is your Home Cinema System (DAV-SB100) ? Is it digital or analog? Did you have a DVD player connected to it before you got your new dvd recorder (Sony RDR-GX300) ? What kind of hook ups does it have on the back/ front? Are they just the one yellow video and 2 red and white audio jacks? And the Coaxial antennae/cable hook up? Does your home cinema system say DTS digital, surround sound, or Dolby Digital on the case any where?

How has the DVD recorder been working for you? Is it working okay in playing and recording? I'm interested in that model Sony recorder myself.

Back to your problem...it sounds like your home cinema system is only analog and not digital. The only way you can get digital sound and video is by replacing your home cinema system with a digital home theater one, if that is the case.

Let me know if I can help further. Best of luck.