1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to continue on God of War 2 at layer break point??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by billy2k, Mar 22, 2007.

1. billy2k

billy2k Member

i dl the gow2 from interenet, and burned onto dl disc. it works fine all the way till about 60% of the game. At "The Great Chasm", then i can't continue. it suppose to meet with Icarus here, but nothing happened and i noticed that the music stop playing as well. so i guess here is layer break point and my mod chip cant read 2nd layer. is there any way to get over this problem? i tried to use hdloder, but it can only copy 3 to 4 G of data, any thoughts?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

did you patch the game with Toxic DL Patcher before burning it?
    What kind of chip do you have?
    I know that the ECHELON release works all the way through if burned correctly as my friend finished it the other day.

3. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I own the retail copy and I successfully dumped it to HDLoader (patched for GOW2) and I haven't had a single problem yet. It dumped all 6 gigs worth.

4. billy2k

billy2k Member

i didn't patch anything, so that could cost problem i guess. i dl a dvd5 version and finished the rest, but the CG quality is poorly.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

all the trouble people are having with this game amazes me. From what i was told it did not quite live up to all the hype, it was good but VERY short.