1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convert a DVD movie to a file that can be uploaded to youtube?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Foxtrot01, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Foxtrot01

Foxtrot01 Member

I just got my skydiving DVD and I want to upload it on youtube so my friends and family can see it, what is the best free software out there that will convert the DVD movie files into files that youtube will recognize? I have Nero 6 at home but I dont think it works?
    If there is a free software where can I find it and how do I use it?

Please help.Thanks.

2. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

well why dont you first find out what kind of files youtube will recogize and then google a converter for it. It's that simple.

3. flsmith

flsmith Member

Just search “DVD Ripper” or “DVD Converter” at afterdawn.com or google, you will find many converters available. I have not tested all the converters yet. YouTube supports the source file in WMV, AVI, MOV, and MPG format. It is recommended that you upload the video in MP4 format, with 320x240 resolution, and MP3 audio with 30 frames per second.

4. BLawless

BLawless Member

Easiest thing to do is this:
    1. Download AOA DVD Ripper -the free trial lets you convert 10 min of video which is perfect because YouTube only accepts videos up to 10 minutes anyway. Just load the DVD , trim whatever part of the DVD you want to share, then save movie clip and upload to Youtube. I usually convert to avi which youtube accepts.