1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to convert ac3 stream

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by radios, May 16, 2004.

1. radios

radios Guest

Can somebody please tell me which program to use for converting ntsc ac3 stream into pal ac3 stream.
    Plese help if U can.

Ivan

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

u mean by changing the framerate? if the source NTSC file is 23.97FPS, then use AC3 Machine to encode it to ac3 because it allows u to change the framerate, one tip too, sometimes it can fusk up and u might have to do 25 to 23.97 instead (probably just a simple coding bug in the software!)

AC3Machine, i think can be got at digital-digest.com

google it if u cant find it!

3. daba

daba Guest

Hi,

I don't get it. The AC3 stream is the audio. It must be sampled at 48 KHz on a DVD. The bitrate can vary, but I think it's totally unrelated to the video. What does the framerate have to do in this story ?

Daba

4. Manngo

Manngo Member

Hi!

You can:
    1. decompress the ac3 to wav. change the fps of the wav. recompress to ac3.
    2. Use besweet. It will do. It is command line prog, but a GUI exists for it.

Some add:
    1. NTSC ac3 and PAL ac3 can be the same.
    2. FPS has no meaning in case of audio, however 'change frame rate' in audio usally means to change length.
    3. What are U exactly doing? Changing framerate in an AVI? Maybe you doesn't have to do anything with your ac3 stream.

Cheers