1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to convert ALOT of files with tmpgenc?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by rottenegz, Jan 14, 2005.

1. rottenegz

rottenegz Member

I am familiar with the process of converting an avi to mpeg-2 but i was wondering if it was possible to set tmpgenc to convert a list of video files with the same options selected while i was away from my computer or sleeping.

2. stardust

stardust Regular member

You need 'TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress'. Collect many files for converting at same time. The option is whether it outputs to one big file or all files separately to the folder.

3. isthisme

isthisme Member

everytime i use tmpge to convert an avi file to vcd their is no audio. the video looks great though. i was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to put on audio?!?

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Also in TMPGenc 2.5 you can batch encode. You create a project [e.g. MPEG-1 PAL, motion search precision = 'highest quality' , Video arrange method = Full Screen (keep aspect ratio) and so on..].
    Then you save it. Then you create another project (or, if the template you use and the settings are the same, simply load another input movie, do File___Save project and so on...
    After that File__Batch encode (CTRL+B). ADD adds the TPR files you wand, then before going to sleep you click 'RUN'.
    Nothing easier.

Ah, to fix the audio problems read http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217 . And visit also the 'MPEG-1 and -2 encoding..' forum, please...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005