1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to convert ost to pst outlook 2016

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by rubymichael, Jan 6, 2017.

1. rubymichael

rubymichael Newbie

My Microsoft Exchange server database was corrupted but I can access MS Outlook mail by offline .. while i was searching the messages it hangs and after i have close the outlook and after restarting i couldn't access to the exchange server but i saved ost file that is the only way to get the mail and it is very important. so i wanna a solution as fast as possible and hope you will take it as request and give the solution

2. rubymichael

rubymichael Newbie

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  3. Pattri

Pattri Member

If OST files are valid, i.e. not corrupt, one can easily import, copy or move mailbox content from OST files to new PST files. There's no need to use any paid software or spend any cost for this. You just need to use Outlook client, that's it. But make sure you're connected with Exchange Server. And also make sure you're using the same computer system on which you the OST files were originally created. Refer to this blog post for complete information - http://wordpress.semnaitik.com/2013/10/29/convert-ost-to-pst/

If OST files are corrupt, you must repair them before using any of the manual tricks shared in the above blog post. To repair OST file, you can use the Integrity Check tool aka scanost.exe. To know how to run scanost.exe, you can read this blog post - http://wordpress.semnaitik.com/2013/10/29/repair-ost-file/

Hope the shared information would be helpful here. Remember you don't need to use any paid software here, i.e. neither for OST to PST conversion nor for repairing OST file.

Thanks and best regards.