1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convert/transfer an ISO from PC to xbox HD?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by truant, Feb 15, 2005.

1. truant

truant Member

OK. I have a couple questions. All I want to do is take an xbox ISO from my PC and put it directly onto the xbox hard drive.

I'm assuming an xbox ISO has to be extracted/converted first, right?

The ISO ends up as an english folder, a share folder, an .xbe file and a .gdf file. Or something similar, correct?

OK. My first question is which program converts an ISO to this?

Second, where do I put these files once ftp'd with my xbox?

Do I just go to /F/games/ create a new folder with the name of my game and simply copy all the files onto it?

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  2. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

You are correct you will use simplex converter it will take 15 mins and bust out your files then you will put them on your xbox f:/hdloader and name it pxgameXX (The XX being a number 00-99) whatever number isnt taken by a game doesnt have to be in order you can start at 99 and work down if you wish to make it simpler for you. takes a few mins do it all the time any other questions IM me at jayquik03 aol aim

3. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Or you could just use Craxtion http://www.craxtion.com/
    Install Craxtion,select extract iso from the menu,point to where you want the iso extracted(craxtion can make a ftp connection to your xbox hdd if you like and you can extract the iso directly to your xbox hdd) or you can extract it to your pc hdd and then ftp it over.
    [bold]exactly[/bold]
    I use Flashfxp or SmartFTP

4. truant

truant Member

I got an error trying to extract the iso directly onto the xbox with craxtion.

What are the steps to copy an already extracted iso from my pc into the new game folder I created with flashXP?

I thought I could just copy and paste the iso contents from my pc into /F/games/NewGame014/ but I don't see that option.

Thanks guys.

5. truant

truant Member

Nevermind.

I tried IPSwitch. Seems to be working. The interface is much simpler.

6. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

pxgame01 would be the name of the folder it's in and then all the files set how they were in the pxgame01 folder