1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy a cpied DVD+r

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by badbaby, Apr 21, 2005.

1. badbaby

badbaby Guest

I'm using NEC DVD Burner with DVD shrink and I can copy the origanal dvd but not the one i've copied. I use Maxell 8x DVD+R If anuone can help me I would so happy thanks the "pizza guy"

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What part of the process is giving you problems? What program do you use for burning? What speed do you usually burn at?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  3. badbaby

badbaby Guest

The read part , It reads about 80% and starts with errors.I also use nero ultra @ Max allowed..

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

From now on, try to burn your backups at a lower speed.(4x or even 2.4x) Is the media code for those maxells MAXELL002? Try the 4x ones made in japan(TYG01) if you insist on using maxells. Otherwise try 4x or higher verbatims(mcc or ty) or any other brand that is made in japan(ricoh or ty) and of course burn at slower speeds.

As far as the errors on your backups, stand alone dvd player are more forgiving when playing these and a lot of pc dvd drives have a harder time ripping them. You may want to try ripping these on another dvd drive, but the errors toward the outside of the disc might not allow it to be ripped. Worth a try if it looks like your burner has had it. Run a test in nero CD-DVD Speed, also.

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Definitely watch your burn speed. If I leave my burn speed set to max, these will burn at 12x!

I am into my second spindle of these,and they are made in Japan with the mfg ID code of: maxell-002-00, but I still burn at 2.4 and 4x.

Keep the first copy you make: under 4x burn speed and keep the backup target at 4300-4360 mbs in dvd shrink:
    Open up shrink/Edit/Preferences/Click dvd-5/Scroll till custom/Enter 4360 next to it/OK.

Then try re-ripping that copy.
    Good Luck

6. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Maxell is pretty decent media, so it could be scratches or smudges on your copy. Try rinsing it with soap and water, then buffing it lightly with a cotton towel. If that doesn't work, try using Decrypter. Under Tools, Settings, click on the I/O tab and set read retries to 0 and Ignore Read Errors. It might mean skips on your DVD, but at least it will allow copying.

7. badbaby

badbaby Guest

noticed that DVDDecypter&Shrink think I'm useing a scsi drive when in fact it's a eide drive would this make a differance..

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

if that was the problem I don't think it would read anything at all. Try to read and burn with Decrypter. ISO Read, read the original. ISO Write, burn the copy. See if that works.