1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by gcooldude, Apr 4, 2011.

1. cdan

cdan Regular member

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  2. cdan

cdan Regular member

edited by ddp

I don't get it. Rango was about 40min rip and 35min burn. I'm doing warriors way now, 2hr rip.....wtf???

3. lungfish

lungfish Member

edited by ddp

If compression is needed then the rip will be about 1½-2 hours depending on your hardware and acceleration capabilities. After the initial scan it will tell you what if any compression is required - if it's only a small amount you can remove the HD audio to avoid any compression and then the rip will be 30-40mins. Did you get Rango to burn on BD-R?

4. cdan

cdan Regular member

edited by ddp

Yep....got rango done with no problems. Maybe it IS a compression issue, but I never saw any message stating it needed compression. When I did rango it said 'no compression needed'. When it was anaylizing it said the movie was 26.8g >>> 22.6g, which I assumed meant it was shrinking it to 22.6. I did this whole process earlier but when it finished it said 14g so i wasn't sure it burned correctly...so...i'm doing it again. I'm gonna wear out the new bd burner.

5. terrymc

terrymc Member

HI DO I STILL NEED A DVD BURNER (BLUE/RAY) help please terrymc (aussi)

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

how else do you intend to burn a blu ray disk

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

lungfish & cdan, knockoff the quotes or i'll quote you off this site, posts edited.

8. cdan

cdan Regular member

hey....don't look at ME....i haven't posted in days.
    cdan

9. cdan

cdan Regular member

what do you mean by 'quotes" ?

10. ddp

you were quoting each other to the point that 1 quote would almost fill the page.

11. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

why did you both use the reply button to each of your posts,it was unnecessary as you were the only two talking it made a right mess of the topic as if you didn't know that

unsubbed

12. cdan

cdan Regular member

quoting each other??? I was asking questions and lungfish was answering, unless something was getting posted more than once...and if so, it wasn't us.

13. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Has anybody heard if Slysoft(anydvd)defeated or is working on this cinavia?

14. cdan

cdan Regular member

don't remember seeing anything about it in the last few updates, but....I guess a good way to see would be to rip/burn a Sony movie.

15. ddp

cdan, you don't need to do the quotes like you are doing now. i have better things to do then spend about 10 minutes editing 2 pages because 2 members went quote happy.

16. lungfish

lungfish Member

Point taken. Sorry!

17. cdan

cdan Regular member

i'm missing something here.......you mean by hitting the reply button to answer instead of using the 'reply to this discussion thread" ? If that's the case....sorry, didn't know.

18. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I found out some more info about this cinavia thing, this came from the slysoft forum, this was not a member or Mod, this came from one of thier staff, anyway this thing almost sounds like it will be impossible to beat, when I say almost I'm hoping somebody out there can figure this out, here is what he said.

Cinavia is a watermark that is embedded in the audio track of movies that are played on several different media. Cinema has its own Cinavia watermark called Message 1. DVD/Blu-ray has a Message 3 Cinavia watermark. The different types of embedded Cinavia signals instruct the player to do different things. If you attempt to play a Cinema recording on a Cinavia infected Blu-ray player, playback is stopped immediately and the error message 1 is displayed. If you attempt to play a backup of a Cinavia infected DVD or Blu-ray on a Cinavia infected Blu-ray player, then you will get a grace period of 20 minutes (as determined by the studio that authored the disc) after which the audio will mute and the error message 3 will be displayed.

-Common "brilliant ideas" on removal or circumvention:

1) Get a DVD with no Cinavia and compare the audio track with a Blu-ray with Cinavia. No. Just no. Comparing a lossy track to a lossless track is pointless, as yes, they ARE in fact different.
    2) Find a region where the Blu-ray has been released without Cinavia and compare it to a Blu-ray where there is Cinavia on the same track. This is at least more logical, but, still prohibitively wrong. The problem is you're looking for....."some difference" between the two that you think MIGHT be Cinavia. The algorithm (what I call a transformation) they use combines the Cinavia signal with the actual audio in a unique way. Even if you got REALLY lucky and were able to compare two otherwise identical tracks you'd find how they manipulated the audio. That's a step in the right direction, I suppose, but really only helps with that one disc.
    3) Use some kind of audio analyzing techniques to look for the hidden signal. This is akin to looking for a needle in a haystack without knowing what the needle looks like. Was that some random noise or was that the "magic Cinavia signal?" And then what, you filter it out? The problem is that it's a transformation that becomes part of the audio itself. Filtering it out will simply destroy the audio quality. Not so good.
    4) But product XYZ has claimed to defeat Cinavia! They make these awesome encrypted backups that trick Cinavia into thinking it's a "trust source". Do we really need to even go over the pitfalls of this one? Good Lord. Ok. First, you made an ENCRYPTED BACKUP. Isn't that a step in the WRONG direction? Just sayin'. Second, your encrypted backup is theoretically on a BD-R/E. The media type isn't exactly....hidden and sure doesn't say BD-ROM or have a ROM mark on it. Who cares, right? Well, you might if you spent all that money backing things up like this to get some mandatory firmware update on your PS3 that tweaks the Cinavia detection to check the media type. WOOPS.
    5) I don't know, there's half a dozen other "brilliant ideas" for attacking Cinavia out there from just modifying it enough to break detection to applying filters to who knows what. None of them work. Nor will they.

Here's what these "brilliant ideas" miss. First off, Cinavia's not a static technology. They fully expect it to be broken. They've left enough wiggle room to adapt it going forward. I suspect the reason you haven't seen massive adoption of it yet is because no one's successfully broken version 1. (Warning, that was a PERSONAL opinion). IOW, we may still be in the throws of a market test at the moment. In any case, once some TRULY "brilliant idea" comes along and really defeats Cinavia, then we will probably start the cat and mouse game. See BD+ for an example of how this game plays out.

So how do you TRULY attack Cinavia? Well, none of those awesome solutions address the one real issue....how the hell do you detect Cinavia in the first place? I don't mean by guessing or attempting to pick out a needle that looks like a violin in a haystack. I mean by reverse engineering a player that contains Cinavia and dissect the algorithm it uses to detect the different Cinavia signals. Once you know what it's looking for, it's a bit easier to figure out how to get rid of it. Think of it like this...you have a tumor in your body that you want removed. You've got the guy with a chainsaw who claims that if they cut half your body off they can get rid of the tumor. Or you got the guy with the scalpel who can go in, remove the tumor, and leave the rest in tact. Which solution are you going to pick? These filter ideas or other nonsense might get rid of Cinavia, but, at the cost of your audio quality. UGH. No thanks.

Anyway, these discussions are fun, but, after all these pages not one person has suggested anything useful towards the problem. So, discuss away but understand that until someone (I'm betting on SlySoft ) dissects this thing from a real, practical level, we won't see it defeated.

19. lungfish

lungfish Member

Although there is now talk of fully legalising the copying of audio and video media for personal use....problem solved!!

20. ddp

cdan, yes on not using the reply button.