1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy downloaded movies to dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by stinka, Feb 27, 2005.

1. stinka

stinka Member

I`ve downloaded Shark tale from limewire, there`s just one file which is titled shark tale , it plays fine but i just don`t
    know how to copy it to dvd.
    thanks.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

you need to find out what extension the movie is in. most are in AVI format and you have to have a program to convert it to DVD format. Such a program is Nero vision express 3 will do it.

3. CG_Gurl80

CG_Gurl80 Guest

Hi, you can try using VSO Software's DivxtoDVD program which is currently free and relatively easy to use. You can download it here if interested.

http://www.download.com/3000-7970_4-10341695.html

You just open the file and hit "Convert". After it's done converting, open up the files using DVD Shrink and encode the file, after which you can burn the ISO using your burning software of choice. :)

4. stinka

stinka Member

Thanks for the help to convert Shark Tale
    yours STINKA.

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

if you think the file is and avi run it through avicodec and it will then tell you the properties of the file.From there you should be able to work out what kind of converter you will need to change that file into an mpeg 2 compliable format before you burn it to disc.

avicdec can be gotten at the link below:

http://avicodec.duby.info/

[​IMG]

6. thang1

thang1 Guest

hi

I download a file that about 700mb in avi format. I use AVItoDVD and it convert the file into dvd format. The problem is when I load up Nero 6 and pick DVD-video to burn it to watch it on my dvd player, I get an error saiding that the vob file is larger than 2 gig and that I should use udf format. I am not sure what that is and how to get there. Does anyone know how to burn this using nero. The File after converting turn out to be about 2.45 gig.

thx

tony

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@thang1

I myself use Nero vision express 3 and use DVD-Video and bring in the downloaded AVI files into it and make a DVD menu. Uasly I can get 2 movies downloaded off the net on 1 DVD5 disc. It will compress it and encode it to fit.