1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to copy dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andycambs, Mar 8, 2004.

1. andycambs

andycambs Guest

every time i try to copy a dvd i get a message come up saying list index out of bounds 0 i am using a pioneer 106 programme instant copy the dvd i want to copy is only4.23gb would really be great ful if somebody can help thanx andy

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Sounds like Nero.

As these fine folks pointed out to me, use DVD Shrink to burn the files for you, it uses Nero.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

4. andycambs

andycambs Guest

hi all the dvd is 1 that has been ripped. but trying to do backup of it ican get on to instant copy but it wont get any further than preparing to read i am using good quality discs ritek this problem started yesterday and now seems to happen on all movies that i try to copy have tried ulead but that just says need ntfs format hard drive have nero also but still no joy

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Try this
    Download DVDDecrypter
    Download DVDShrink
    You already have Nero
    1.Open DVDDecrypter and rip the entire movie to HD.(file Mode) It will create a folder for you on you C:
    2. Open DVDShrink and go to Open files and click on that and find the File DVDDecrypter made on the C:
    3. Click on the file and let DVDShrink analyze
    4. Now you can either do a complete backup or just do the movie. Please read the guides and print them out until you get used to doing it from memory
    5. After that click on backup. W/in Backup under preferences click burn using Nero
    6. Click O.K. and now go get a cup of coffee.
    DVDShrink will use nero to automatically burn to Blank Media. Hope this helps
    P.S. you can just use DVDShrink to decrypt w/ instead of DVDDecrypter but every now and then Shrink can not rip a movie and you then have to use DVDDecrypter. Hope this helps

6. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

I have never had a problem using DVDSHRINK and CLONEDVD to backup a DVD. I have even run two instances of DVDSHRINK at the same time since I have two DVD drives (one READ/WRITE and the other DVD READ only). I also own NERO but have found no need to use it yet. CLONEDVD is so simple to use that even my wife can use it.

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

8. MysticE

MysticE Active member

You are probably hitting the 4G limit if you are still on fat32.

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

MysticE,

Nice call, I would never have thought of that -

Makes me wonder if there are any Newbies are PRE-fat32 ??

"P"