1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Copy Files From a XBOX 360 Game

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jouri21, Mar 1, 2007.

1. jouri21

jouri21 Member

Ok, this has been very challenging for me lately. I have the REAL version of Gears of War, right out of the store brand new. And now I wanna copy ALL of the files from it and burn it to a DVD-R so that I can make a copy of Gears of War and play it on the 360 too.

I already have all the neccessary software I need to do it with but I'm still confused. I have...

.Net Framework 2.0
    CloneCD
    XBOX360 Merger 1.5o
    And of course, A Burner that can burn DVDs

I put in the real Gears of War CD in my computer and when the DVD reads, the only files you can view are the AUDIO.TS and VIDEO. TS.
    This is not helping at all. I'm trying to copy a 360 game. Then I tried to browse for a ISO on the Gears of War DVD using that Merger 1.5o and the only 2 files you get is a DVD file and a 000 File. Does anybody know how to get the ISO from the real game CD? Or can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong. And YES, I already viewed the information on this afterdawn site and that didn't offer enough information. So if anybody knowz or had the same issue I had please let me know and tell me how to copy Gears of War.

2. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

read around the forum tool your missing is wxripper

3. elmunkee

elmunkee Regular member

im presuming your backing up your game to keep your original in pristine condition? :)

Well first off you could search round this site for a bit...many good tutorials on this issue :)...

but here is a "brief" overview of what is needed...

1)To allow a 360 disc to be read on your computer you will either have to by a samsung SH-D162C DVD ROm drive and flash it with KREONS firmware or use the Open DVD case trick (tutorial--->softmodfiles(look under tutorials) ) or (if im correct ) you have a hitachi lg 360 drive you could use that to read games in windows

2)Once you have this up and running use a tool such as Schtrom360Xtract_V3.1 (this is what i use) and this will creat the ISO for you!!! not only that it will be nicely stealth patched for you!!

3) burn using clonecd

4) insert backup and enjoy

(this is a very "brief" tutorial, lol)

Hope it helps tho

el munkee :)