1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to copy ps2 games on mac

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kelb1981, Apr 25, 2005.

1. kelb1981

kelb1981 Member

how do i copy ps2 games on an imac?? what program decrypts it the best. at the moment for dvd movies i use mac the ripper and then compress with popcorn but it wont work for games... also i only have a single layer burner does it still work or do i need dual layer burner. can someone please help???

2. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

Right now I use Roxio Toast 6.0 and burn on the fly. Pop the PS2 game in, Select the copy tab, select CD/DVD off to the left and then click the big red button (make sure it says DVD above it). Tell it to burn at 1x and click record. It will save a temp image file to your HD then spit the disk out and you put your blank media. From there you should be set.

EDIT:

Does anyone know if you can patch games on a Mac without using Virtual PC. I haven't tried it since I don't know how it works, but what I read it seemed like it was a mini program you run on the ISO which wouldn't work on the Mac OS.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  3. Silver28

Silver28 Member

Use Toast.

I was experimenting with my IMac at work to see how to back up PS2 games with a Mac. I backed up EA Sports NCAA Football 2005 and it plays flawlessly. This is the only game I have backed up using IMac since I mainly use DVD Decrytper to back up my games.

I followed these instructions:

Using Toast Titanium 5.01 or 5.02 for Mac

1. Start Toast
    2. Select Image Copy
    3. Insert DVD title
    4. Save as Image
    5. Record Image (Use Burnproof if needed)

OR

1. Start Toast
    2. Select Image Copy
    3. Insert DVD title
    4. Click on Record
    5. It will ask for a blank DVD-R when it’s ready (Use Burnproof if needed)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  4. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

WHAT IS RECOMMENDED FOR PLAYING BACK UP GAMES ON PS2? I KNOW ABOUT THE MODCHIP, BUT IS THERE ANY OTHER THINGS YOU RECOMMEND??

USE TOAST TITANIUM 6 AND A MAC MINI G4. DVD BURNER IS THE NEW LACIE D2 LIGHTSCRIBE DVD+/- DL. ON FIREWIRE.
    ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

5. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

NEVERMIND.. GOT IT