1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to copy ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by eliz, Nov 30, 2004.

1. eliz

eliz Guest

what do i need to copy ps2 games iv got a fliptop and boot magic disk(white and blue)need help thanks......

2. breach

breach Member

I have got the dvd decrypter. I have put a ps2 game in and went into "mode" then to "iso" then "read". Then when that is done it is sent to my hard drive and when I click on "mode" then "iso" then "write” it takes me to that iso file and when I click on it it gives me and error says to choose the "MDS" file. It is a very small file like 5kb where the iso file is 4,452 kb. I don't burn the MDS file do I? I have ruined 3 dvd-r now trying to figure this out. Are my settings wrong? Can someone help? I have read that it is as simple as read and then write but what am I doing wrong?

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

select the .mds file to burn

4. breach

breach Member

But it is so small! Will that work? You know how you can look on the dvd after it is burned? Well there is only about a half inch of space taken up. It burns the mds file on there fine. But I threw it away cause it was so small o fa file and did not think it would work. So I do not need to burn the iso file just the mds?

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

the mds file is basically instructions for burning the iso file. You select to burn the mds file and it is 'supposed to' burn the iso image file for you. Does your mds file have the exact same filename as the iso file still? Other than the extension.

6. breach

breach Member

The iso file name is "dvdimage iso file 4,452kb" then next to it is the mds file which says "dvdimage.mds mds file 5kb." and on that file the icon is th esquare that wants you to pick a program to open it. Is that right also. cause the iso file has two disc overlaping. I am sending these to my hard drive that is fine right?

7. breach

breach Member

After I have saved to iso file onto my hard drive. I am on DVD Decrypter. I choose source and it takes me to my files. If I click on the iso file it gives me the error " you should have selected the mds file and not this one. I'll do it for you automatically this time, but don' tdo it again" I click ok. There is 3 options at the bottom to check. I only have "BURN-proof" checked. Is that all. And then I click on write? ANd that should be it correct?

8. breach

breach Member

If I am putting these on dvd-r's how much space does a typical game take up? I am trying to Back-up Metal Gear solid 3.