1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy VCD starting from certain part and ends at certain part??

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by mris786, May 6, 2004.

1. mris786

mris786 Member

Hi, i want to know how to how to copy VCD starting from certain part and ends at certain part.
    For the example :
    A VCD is 50.00 minutes in length. I want to copy the VCD but i want only the part of the VCD that starts from 10.00 minutes until the 15.00 minutes. ( I want to copy only 5 minutes of the VCD. HOW??)

Somebody , please help me..... Give solutions or software title to do these job. It will be better if the software is freeware. Bye....... I'm waiting for you all answers.........

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You Can"t Just "Copy" a Part of the CD, It just can not be done the way you seem to want to do it....
    If you want to put a part of a VCD on to a Seperate VCD you would Have to first Rip the Mpeg file off of the CD-R(AVSEQ01.DAT) and then use a Mpeg editor to Cut the Part you want out of the Mpeg file and then Burn that part to CD-R as a VCD...It is actually quite easy to do but it isn"t Like useing a Burning Program to copy a VCD....Cheers

3. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

I sugest you use TMPGEnc. i'm pretty sure it is freeware. If you have any problems using it let me know.

Last edited: May 25, 2004
  4. Jetnefer

Jetnefer Member

Minion, or someone...
    I have a similar problem, all I want to do is make a copy of a VCD, but the copied VCDs won't play. How exactly can I rip the mpeg file off the VCD? Copying it as an Mpeg would be so much easier.

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you can simply take the "AVSEQO1.DAT" file off of the VCD disk and then rename it to .mpg...If the File will not play then try running it through the Simple Multiplex in Tmpgenc and that should fix any problems with the header in the Mpeg file...
    You can also use programs Like VCDEasy or even ISO Buster to extract the Mpeg file off of the VCD Disk....Cheers