1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Create & Burn a Game CD?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by mbantonio, Aug 11, 2004.

1. mbantonio

mbantonio Guest

Hi there guys... my question is actually not a normal Game CD but instead a diffrent one.

I saw a game that I borrowed from my friend... this game is Lords Of Battle 2 and what I notice is that you can't play this game if you will not insert the Game CD into the CD-ROM...

Now my question is that how can we create a CD like that... I want to burn my games in CD's like this...

Can someone help me please? -tnx in advance

2. IAIHMB

IAIHMB Member

You can get a tool called Alcohol 120%. Using Alcohol 120% you can make a CD image and mount that image on a virutal drive, therefore tricking your computer into believing the play disc is there. :)

3. mbantonio

mbantonio Guest

Tns 4 replying me... but my real problem is not copying a Game CD....instead, how to create a CD that is dependable to run in CD-ROM. In other words... you cannot run the game without popping the CD into the CD-ROM. Is there a tool to create or burn a CD like that? :)

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

-IAIHMB- already told you, you can also make an exact copy of the game using Alcohol 120% or try Blindwrite5 it does the same thing but no virtual drive.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

I get the feeling that you're asking if there's a way to make a universal disc that will allow you to play any game without the original disc to which the answer is a resounding no.

The one and only way to play a game without a disc has already been expained. You need to make an image with either CloneCD, Alcohol 120% or BlindWrite5 and then mount the image in a virtual drive to run it.

To make a working copy of the play disc you need to use the any one of the softwares listed above to make the image then burn it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium

My Movies! http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim

Got Indie? http://cdbaby.com/[/small]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004