1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Decrept a DVD?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by mascless, Apr 22, 2005.

1. mascless

mascless Member

I have Galaxy ANgel but I only want the dubbed version of it and also the DVD has two layers. Every time I try to decrept it, I always get the Japanese version?

2. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

I guess (unless it has already been suggested) that you could try re-authoring it in DVDShrink, and if that doesn't work I don't know about other DVD authoring software, however you may try a VCD,SVCD,AVI ripper to back-up as a last resort and specificaly choose your audio/video/subtitle streams.
    Just a thought...

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

You can also try Nero Recode, also try DVD Decrypter to get both layers and then try what Phantom69 said and re-author it using DVDShrink. Sony's DVD Architect is also a authoring app you might want to give that a blast.

Good Luck.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Recode can't decrypt so you will have to run it through Decrypter first or Shrink and Reauthor. With Shrink, reauthor, select the main movie and drag it into the compilation window on the left.

Highlight it and then start the preview.

Right click the preview window and select "Audio". This will let you preview the various audio tracks. When you hear the correct track take note of it's name.

Next, Under the Compression Settings tab on the right just make sure that the same audio you picked out in the preview window has it's box checked. Uncheck the rest. You should be good to go.

If there are two main movie titles, select one or the other and drag it into the compilation window. Preview the audio as before. Do it to the other one if you don't find what you are looking for on the first.