1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to decrypt chapters?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by aivarsm78, Jan 11, 2007.

1. aivarsm78

aivarsm78 Member

Is it impossible to decrypt chapters? With DVDFab I can decrypt main movie and titles, but not a single chapter. AoADVDRipper allow to rip and convert chapters to AVI,MPEG, but I want to save the structure as DVD.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

What exactly do you mean by "no chapters"? No matter what program you rip with, unless you don't get keep the IFO files you have the chapters from the original.

Since this is a ripping question I'm moving it to a different forum.

3. aivarsm78

aivarsm78 Member

This is a decrypting question :) I dont want to ripp (and convert to AVI..). I want to decrypt chapter (5-7 minute clip) to hard disk as VIDEO_TS.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Decrypting means removing the encryption. Ripping means copying video(or portions of a video,ie chapters) and placing them on your hard drive or onto a DVD.

You can cut out chapters with DVD Shrink, using it in the ReAuthor mode and then using the "Set Start/End frames" feature. You will end up with the VIDEO_TS folder.
    Here is a guide:
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial001.html

5. aivarsm78

aivarsm78 Member

Thanks a lot!