1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to decrypt files on HD not DVD

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by mrskittle, Mar 31, 2007.

1. mrskittle

mrskittle Guest

Hey, sorry if this has already been posted, I tried searching but couldn't find much. I just bought a new laptop with a DVD burner and after a little research I found a way to burn copyrighted DVD's for backup. I first tried DVD Shrink, but it was incredibly slow, stopped responding multiple times, and would never get more than 5 minutes into the re-authoring process; I have a feeling it's highest compatibility level is XP and I'm running Vista. I then tried using DVD Decrypter. I decrypted the DVD then used Nero 7's 'Recode DVD' function to recode and burn, which worked wonderfully.

My current dilema is that I have a video I would like to burn to a DVD, but it's on my hard drive in .avi format. First, I tried to just burn with Nero, but it was copyrighted. Then, I tried DVD Decrypter but soon found that it only decrypts from the DVD drive and not from the hard drive. I tried using CloneDVD2, but it couldn't find the files.

In short, I'm looking for a program with the same function as DVD Decrypter but that can source from the hard drive. Also, my video is in .avi format, should I convert it to another format?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

3. mrskittle

mrskittle Guest

Thanks! Unfortunately, I now have a message stating that my serial number is pirated (doh) so I still can't burn. >.<

4. gwazi

gwazi Guest

you can go the route of slysoft (anydvd and clone dvd) and you're right, dvd shrink is not going to cut it with vista. dvd fab decrypter is fully vista compatible, but you'll need recode to shrink most movies and nero to burn. either way you'll have to spend money 60 for any dvd and dvd clone or 70 or so for nero ultra. any dvd and dvd clone make it easiest. i think nero makes a slightly superior dvd.