1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to divide, the easy way?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Ar7, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Ar7

Ar7 Member

I have been searching for about half an hour through these forums to locate something that would answer my question, but i had no luck. So if this has been answered before or is written somewhere else, then i apologize.

Back to the topic. I have about 20 or more MP3 files that consist of many songs. Obviously it ain't very comfortable as i cannot choose the song i want to listen from that huge file. I would like to divide them into single songs, but doing it manually would take a very long time. Now i know there has to be an easier way to do it. So please tell me how and using what program i could accomplish this.

Thank you for the help in advance

Ar7

2. redlighty

redlighty Guest

You can use Nero to do this. Takes about 30 seconds per song. Most of the time is finding the chunk of the MP3 you want to save.

I don't know if there is anything that does this automatically. If there is I would love to know about it.

3. mccoy5

mccoy5 Member

I have been trying to find some way of doing this, how easy is it to do in nero?

4. redlighty

redlighty Guest

Nero - at least Nero 6 - the one I use. Has a utility that lets you muck around with mp3s. It displays a graph of the loadness of the mp3. You can select chunks of the mp3 between where the graph goes down to zero and save as individual mp3s. If you want to be exact you can check with win' media player to make sure it is the end of the track. I know this is a bit of a pain, but it does work. Prob' take about 10 mins to spit a whole alb' using this method. But just think. Once done, it is done forever :eek:)

5. Ar7

Ar7 Member

Thanks, i think i will try it, it will be a boring evening with me and the MP3s

6. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

erm... i just would use soundforge for this... the newer versions support mp3 and you can drag/drop markers at various fluctuations in the sound wave... its a doddle to use :)

7. Calla

Calla Member

mp3directcut works well for this too.