1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to do screen demo videos

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by buzzsoundyear, Apr 28, 2011.

1. buzzsoundyear

buzzsoundyear Member

I tried making videos of my running app using Altarsort video capture and also with oRipa Screen Recorder (both freeware) but ,when done, I have no way to annotate it (I've seen most demos have callout commentaries of what the app is doing or even arrows drawn on the video to indicate important things in the app)I've checked most "video editors" but they seem to be confined to cut, join, merge etc operations. Am I looking for the wrong kind of editor??? I thought ABC video roll might help if I had 2 tracks (one the screen capture video of the app) and another track with bmp files of the explanations, comments etc but can't get it to work (the bmp just covers over the first track of "captured screen video".

Someone told me there just is no freeware that does what I want. (Is that true?)and that I have to use slideshows and forget about videos of running app screens. (I know that isn't so since I can use freeware CamStudio to record screens and annotate while recording the screen... not afterwards)
    But surely someone must have made something that allows one to insert comment callouts afterwards onto already made screen capture videos?

2. JohnRocks

JohnRocks Member

In my opinion demo creator is the best screen recorder to help us to do screen recording by capturing desktop activities.

3. Berryone

Berryone Regular member