1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to downgrade a 2.6 to play iso's ect??

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by shaneye, Feb 24, 2007.

1. shaneye

shaneye Guest

Hello guys, I have just got a PSP but have been told I can only play ISO's ( backup games ) and homebrew if I "downgrade" mine... what exactly is this downgrading and how do I do it.. also whats the best version of downgrade.... Iveheard of Version 1.5/ Dark alex / and 3.03e but to be honest this means nothing to me as i am new to psp's... any help/advise would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Shane

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

google it first...

3. shaneye

shaneye Guest

Google it????

4. shaneye

shaneye Guest

what do you mean by google it?

5. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

it means to go to www.google.com and search for it first before posting questions already answered before...wow i never knew people didn't know that...

6. shaneye

shaneye Guest

Sorry chanman.... I have already done that but to be honest all I come across is sites that want payment for info, Also on top of that I,ve discovered that its possible to " Brick " your PSP if not donecorrectly plus I have downloaded a couple of " downgrades " onto my PC but the instructions are vague at best, plus as far as I can make out different versions need different downgrades....as I said before I am completely new to Psp's and wanted a few tips but it sounds like Im asking too much from certain users of this forum.

7. Crimsun

Crimsun Member

There is a autodowngrader out and about. go to pspupdates.com and search auto downgrader, and it's a breeze from there. Good luck.