1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Downgrade From Microsoft 7 Starter Edition to Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by svsi, Nov 30, 2011.

1. svsi

svsi Member

Hi,

I have a Samsung N145-JP02 netbook which came with Windows 7 Start Edition and want to downgrade this to Windows XP.

I have taken all files i want to keep off the netbook and put on an external hard drive. I have a Windows XP disk to install this operating system but do not have a Windows 7 Starter Edition Disk (not sure if this is required?).

Someone i spoke to in work said i would need drivers from the manufacturer. I found this website, would this be the right things?

http://www.driversamsung.com/netbook/samsung-n145-jp02-drivers.html#more-17

Also i seem to remember on the laptop im using just now updating a driver through the device manager, could i not just get all driver software here?

Can someone please give me a step by step guide on how to downgrade my operating system? I am not overly techy so please bear with me. Any help is greatly appreciatted.

Thanks

Colin

2. aldan

aldan Active member

why on earth do you want to downgrade to xp?what difficulties are you having with w7?

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

4. glossy1

glossy1 Member

I had the same problem. I didnt want microsoft telling me what to use. so I got a new hdd for the laptop and installed xp. now very happy . why should I change os when I have had xp for 10 years or more. I did the same with my new pc , I couldnt get xp put on

5. icampos

icampos Member

You should change XP just because of that: you have used it for 10 years, now it´s dead and gone... Microsoft would not make upgrades to it, and the malwares are entering it with greater facility every day. New softwares would not run on it, and every software that is worth using it will run as well in Windows 7. The fact that everything that is alive should die must be accepted in computers, also...