1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to download from emule

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by konflikt, Jun 2, 2004.

1. konflikt

konflikt Member

Can anyone help me out with actually getting a file to download using emule? After I click download I look on the transfer window and the file is there but nothing happens and it just says waiting. I see it also says there are plenty of sources but nothing. This is very frustrating to me. Someone please help me out... Thanks

2. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

well it is slow becuz u need alot of shared files for it to go fast in the begining...also u need to make sure if u are using a router u open the ports for it and make sure the windows xp firewall is off also

Last edited: Jun 3, 2004
  3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Did you connect to a server yet? Have you even gotten a serverlist yet? Since the eMule tutorial is offline, unlucky for you =(

After you connect to a server, how long do you leave eMule on? If you want decent speeds, you'll have to leave your computer on all day. Also, once you download 20MB of the file you want, go to shared files, and set it to release so you'll upload to more sources, therefore you'll be higher up in their queue.

4. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

yes hes right