1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to download movies using p2p or irc anonymously

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by leo2k, May 17, 2003.

1. leo2k

leo2k Guest

I am a student at a major uk university, and till recently have enjoyed downloading all kinds of stuff like movies, music, games and software freely using morpheus and kazaa. But recently, I got an email from the Computer Support department stating that they had noticed unusual activity on my account, which involved huge data transfers and downloading of copyright material, which was a disciplinary offence. I have already been warned once, and will be taken action against if another offence is committed.

However, I dont want to give up my freedom that easily. I mean what is the use of having a 100 MB/s connection lying idle all the time. and i need something to fill my spare time.

So, is there anyway that i can continue using the university network without the fear of detection by the major record labels and the university departments. I have to log on to the network using an account, and i am pretty sure that i can be traced using the IP address associated with that account. Is there any application which can erase the IP address of the servers or fool them into not noticing the applications running and the data transfers taking place.

Also, i would like to know how much can the university know about my online activites ? is it possible to know which applications I have been running, which sites I go to or which media files i am playing. I am pretty sure that no sniffer or "keyboard logger" applications have been installed.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Run peer guardian while using p2p to make sure you keep the movie industry and all the rest away and i would recommend changing the ports your p2p works on to 80 so the university might dismiss it as http traffic! but of course, you try it and get caught, aint my fault!