1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to edit or cut down VOB in adobe premiere or movie maker

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by traveljay, Jan 14, 2005.

1. traveljay

traveljay Member

Here is the conflict. I can get a DVD decrypted and on my hard drive but I can not use it in adobe premiere to cut it down. I just want to take little clips from movies and put them together for my own use. How can I do that? I have Hero, Xilisoft & TMPGenc. Which should I use? Or do I need something else? Please help!

2. rristow

rristow Member

I have the same problem, I bought a Digital DVD Camcorder and now I can't edit my videos em Adobe premiere. You need to convert the vob in .mpeg. I have already to attempt to convert with: Amigo DVD, Movie Jack, MPEG4, NO1DVD, 1ClickDVD Riper, but without success. The bigger problem is the lose of quality. Most of them don't accept the right size. But try to just rename the .vob in .mpeg, after all they are the same (with my test don't came the sound). If you discover one way to bring the .vob with sound and quality 100 % (same size) tell me.

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

1) These sound like pretty basic "authoring questions", e.g. not "advanced" and in the wrong forum.

2) [bold]traveljay[/bold]Assuming "Hero" means "Nero" (???), you may have what you need in NeroVision Express.

NeroVision Express has simple editing capabilities. MPEG2CUT is another program that can edit VOB files. I gather Premier is a much more advanced editor, but doesn't work with compressed video.

There are lots of ways to go about this:

http://www.videohelp.com/author

But if all you want to do are simple edits, and then join things together in a dvd video, NeroVision Express is pretty simple to learn and use.