1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to enable DMA

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by mesa101, Mar 20, 2007.

1. mesa101

mesa101 Regular member

how do i do this..?... and how do i clear the drop down window in clonedvd.. under title configuration = dvd video files...
    reason im asking about the dma thing is certian movies such as eragon would not be recognized in my drive when using clonedvd and anydvd both current versions...i installed a trial version of dvdfab platinum and said my dma was not enabled so i let the program do that and restarted..and continued to burn the movie with dvdfab....but just out of curiosity i tried the same movie again with clonedvd and anydvd and it worked ???...so it has something to do with the dma not being enabled..so i want to know how to enable it for future reference..

2. onya

onya Guest

Right click on the "My Computer" icon. Select Properties. Select the "Hardware Tab"
    Select "Device Manager". Double click on "Ide Ata/Atapi Controllers". Double click on "Primary Ide Channel"
    Select "Advanced Settings". Change to DMA from there.
    Do the same to "Secondary Ide Channel" change it and the job is done.

3. mesa101

mesa101 Regular member

thanks alot for the info...got that part done....anyone know about the clovedvd issue?

4. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

I found this annoying also. Asked some time back and SlySoft maker of CloneDVD2 said they will disappear systemically over time with the least used first to go. However, I've noticed those not used are taking quite a while to go away.

5. mesa101

mesa101 Regular member

yes it is annoying,,,the list is getting kinda big and all have been ther over 6 months with none disappearing.

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You can clear this list if you don't mind a bit of registry editing.

Start > Run > regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Elaborate Bytes > CloneDVD2

Find the name VideoFilesPath

Right click VideoFilesPath and select Modify

This opens the Edit String box. Delete all the Value Data. Type in your name or leave it blank. Whatever is here will show up in the CloneDVD menu.
    Close the registry and open Clone. Those pesky entries will be gone.

As always, use caution when working within the registry. If you don't know what you are doing get some help or read up on it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  7. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

@fasfrank:

Well, I guess there is a way of clearing the VideFilePaths. Thanks for the tip. However, wouldn't it be nice is on a future update to CLONEDVD2, you could just highlight the video path you don't want and then hit the delete key....Just dreaming...

8. mesa101

mesa101 Regular member

thanks fasfrank,,,worked like a charm.....im with you laboy....should be included in a furture update...

9. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

About the only semi-cool thing with the registry edit is you can have your own personal greeting or some other bs message there.
    I wonder if anyone suggested a program fix or feature addition at the Slysoft forum. I'm too lazy to check.

10. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

I did bring it up in the other forum quite a while ago. My above response was the answer I got. Maybe this annoyance is not as high on the food chain for SlySoft than getting new encryptions broken. Anyway, I am not complaining because I think SlySoft's products are great!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

thank you FastFrank! It was buggin me why I couldn't get those old items out of there! Now it's clear and I love it! Sticky paste it for future ref.! thanks again for the solution!

12. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Great Tip. Also the annoying list stays when you click "Write Existing Data" and you enter the path in the box under "Enter the Path of the IFO/VOB files to Process". To clear this follow same above instructions and find "InputFilesPathHistory" and delete the value data there.

That is what I was trying to clear and I followed the initial instructions and they were still there. I knew there must be another filepathhistory somewhere else.

Like someone suggested above.....Good Sticky