1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to encoding audio and video separately

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by moviegeek, Feb 16, 2003.

1. moviegeek

moviegeek Guest

Hi Dela,
    I lost audio file after I converted my avi to mpg. You did suggested someone to ecode audio and video file separately then multiplex them.
    Could you please tell me more step by step how could I encoding audio and video separately by using TMPGEnc.

Thanks so much.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

If you still have the file without audio then good!! :)

First you need VirtualDUB to get the audio. http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdub.cfm

open the original file (not the encoded one with no sound) in virtualdub and click audio - full processing mode. click audio - compression. select "no compression pcm". click file - save wav. The file saved will be uncompressed audio which means it may be very large in size!

Now open TMPGEnc, and close the project wizard if it opens. Select ES (Audio Only), and browse for the wave file you saved. If you cant select it then click load, browse to the folder tmpgenc is in and open the template folder, open the extra folder inside that and double click unlock.mcf. Now you should be able to select it.

When you have this much done, click settings. Set it to Mpeg-1 Audio Layer 2, 44100hz and 224kbits/sec.

Now just encode the file. When its done, click file - mpeg tools. click the simple multiplex tab. Its easy enough to follow im sure!!