1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ensure a non-brick on downgrade?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PointGod, May 3, 2007.

1. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

i just bought my first psp 2 days ago, it has the K letter on the barcode so i believe it will be 2.71. I havent opened it yet.
    Now for me to upgrade to 2.80 and then downgrade to 1.50, is there anyway for me to ensure I dont brick the psp? any tips??? (after that i also want to update to CFW).
    I want to avoid all errors and such since I just read this on another thread,
    I dont want that to happen to mine... obviously lol.
    i heard a tip would be to have the a/c adapter in it to make sure the battery doesnt die or something?

edit: and where can i get a good downgrader guide? the stickies at the top? which guide?

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  2. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

also, what instructions do i need to follow if my psp is ta-082 or 86?

3. NaztyNayt

NaztyNayt Regular member

Well I don't know what kind of mother board you have, that would help. My friend recently tried downgrading from 2.80 and it was nothing but trouble. None, NONE of the 2.80 downgraders work. At least they weren't working at the time. The first 2 attempts we made at downloading the downgrader, it wouldn't even download. After the 3rd time, the eboot was not found. If you have the TA 082 mother board I would highly suggest upgrading to 2.81 and getting yourself a copy of the GTA Liberty Cities 2.0 patch and doing it that way, much easier.

4. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

... ... and to your surprise, it's 3.10

...LOL J/k

6. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

lol shutup! that would suck