1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to extend your smartphone battery life

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by amyhou, Apr 12, 2013.

1. amyhou

amyhou Member

Nowadays, smart phone has become the essential in our daily life; no matter what type of smart phone you have, we all use it to make telephone calls, play games, browse the webpage, listen to the music and watch videos even DVD movies etc. As all the things we do everyday, our smart phones always suffer from poor battery life.

Either you are a symbian user, windows phone user or ios and android user; As long as you have a smart phone and want to get a longer battery life, pay more attrition to the following ten tips:

1: keep your screen brightness medium
    2: Avoid Vibration Mode du not use vibration with the ringtone.
    3: keep GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth off when they are not in use.
    4: Close the unnecessary Apps
    5: No More Keytones as you can save some battery charge when keytones are turned off.
    6: shorten the time that the screen will remain lit after you finish interacting with it
    7: Do not switch on/off frequently
    8: Charge Your Battery Correctly
    9: Remember that battery runs out faster when our smartphones are warm or at a poor signal place like subway and flight. (It takes extra juice for your smartphone to search for a data connection at a poor signal place)
    10: Use Battery Saving Apps

Charles likes this.
  2. berrymartin

berrymartin Member

Thanks for the tips Amyhou, i also done same like that:
    I turn the brightness down also turn off unnecessary functions, i adjust the automatic timeout and Disable notifications which i don’t need.
    I avoid free apps in favour of the paid versions and update my OS to the latest version....

3. JonesyBrown

JonesyBrown Member

Thanks.. This is really useful infomation..
    I also want to add some more tips in this..

Hidden away in settings menus are usually plenty of options for disabling things like location services, push email, sensors or features that you never use, and more.

Most of these will make a minimal impact on battery life, but combined, they can become significant.

Instead of allowing email to be pushed to your phone at any time, why not change the setting to fetch mail every so often - maybe 15 or 30 minutes if you don't need to respond immediately to anyone.

On an iPhone 4S or 5, you can disable the Raise to Speak feature in the Siri settings, which is said to increase battery life.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Also remember on certain phones like android make sure roaming is turned off see every time you pass a cell tower the phone sends data to the tower this roaming data can eat your data plan and kill battery life

5. Rhatemet

Rhatemet Member

Very useful tips! I often find my smartphone easily drained of battery because there are a lot of apps running all at the same time. So after using a particular app, I force close it to save battery life.

6. deadpixel1

deadpixel1 Newbie

Turning of your mobile data (3G/4G) is a big help too.