1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to EXTRACT EEPROM from xbox HD on pc?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by td1ddy, Mar 11, 2007.

1. td1ddy

td1ddy Member

Hey guys...I finally went to my parent's house, grabbed my old box of computer parts and built a pc I could hook my xbox's hard drive to. (didnt want to try and use my labtop) anyways...so now how can I read the EEPROM from the xb hard drive, on my pc? the xbox hd is a slave and fat xplorer wont find it, yet liveinfo beta 2 finds it fine....any advice?
    oh btw, i found the calculated password for the drive.... is that the password i need to lock it again? also... it says it is frozen, whats that mean? and how do i unfreeze? thanks!
    also... i will DIRECTLY ftp (on fast upload) someone a video or game or something if they can help me, haha im desperate to get my box working again

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

yes i am pretty sure you can use that key to lock the drive but the problem is, is sometimes it gives the wrong password. the easiest way is to put a evolution x dashboard on there, and go into system settings, press backup, now that will leave a folder in your e:\ as backup_linux, or sometimes it puts it in the dashboard folder, under backup, there you will find 5 files, then just ftp the c, e and backup folders to your pc via ftp.

3. td1ddy

td1ddy Member

well, cant ftp to my box...lol...its brokeeennn with error code 5, than with 6...sooooo..uhhmmm.....?? i need a way to decrypt the hdd password that liveinfo beta gives me