1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Extract to AVI?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ntguru705, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ntguru705

ntguru705 Guest

I want to extract segments of a DVD to an AVI file for playback in PPT. I know DVD Shrink will create the VOB but is there a way to edit that VOB file? If no is there a way or a program to extract a set time from a DVD to a file I can play in PPT?

Thanks

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

3. asdfg12

asdfg12 Member

I've used virtualdub to grab bits of an avi with a lot of success.

4. ntguru705

ntguru705 Guest

I think on DVD2AVI you have to do the whole disc right? I will try the second link there.

Thanks

5. ntguru705

ntguru705 Guest

Ok I am very confused. I got VDub... not sure what it does though...

I have DVD2AVI but and it takes in VOB files which I can create.... but I dont see how to save to AVI. It says I need something like TMPGEnc.. which I got but I dont understand it either.

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

tmpgenc is an alround encoding program that you can also edit clips with .There is a guide for it located at the link below:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

7. D4well

D4well Member

Xilisoft DVD Ripper I am using can also rip DVD clips. To choose "Encode Segment" in File menu, then enter the beginning time and the duration of the song. It is SIMPLE.

8. asdfg12

asdfg12 Member

Use the select range feature uder the video tab with virtual dub. I think you can either use time frames. You can find the necessary info by using the slider at the bottom.