1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to extracting archive of zip files within zip files?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by wheelstb, Nov 27, 2012.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I downloaded a file that is archived. It is a series of zip files inside of a series of zip files. I have seen archives like this before and I have never been able to successfully open them.

I'm sure this is a really dumb question that I'm going to regret asking later, but how do I go about successfully getting to the internal file?
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Ripper

Ripper Regular member

Ctrl+A the initial .zips, right click one and extract to a folder - repeat process in new folder.
  4. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I knew that and should have remembered it. Thank you you have been most helpful today. Between your advice on tablets and extraction you have saved me a lot of time.

Thanks
  5. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I tried that approach and I am having difficulty. The first round of extractions went okay. I was able to get all of the zip files out.

The second round of files contain an executable and a second file. I was able to extract the second file but not the executable. I even tried to extract from first volume (the one with <-- pointing to the executable file, I receive in your message. The first line says "you need to start extraction from previous volume." The second line of the air message says "no file to extract..

I even tried selecting the executable within the zip file, right clicking the zip file and choosing an extraction destination.

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.
  6. Ripper

Ripper Regular member

So you extract the first set of files, and then you are left with an .exe and a .zip in the new folder? Provide a screenshot perhaps?

You don't extract the .exe, that is probably a program installer and then whatever else you require is in the new .zip which you extract as a single file.
  7. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

thanks for the help. Somehow I fumbled through it and got everything extracted. But I could not have done it without your initial help.
  8. Ripper

Ripper Regular member

No problem.